There's not a lot of things I like about funerals. Two reasons being that this time I had a hard time fitting into something to wear and that I look ghostly white in all the pictures (dang you slow emerging summer sun...) I haven't had to deal a whole lot with death. I can probably count the number of funerals I've been to in my lifetime on one hand. But this funeral was for my grandpa. He was such a great man and it's a shame that very few of the grandkids knew him how he was before the stroke.
I was 8 when he got sick. I have some great memories of him that I will treasure like gold. I remember walking with him to Food Center many a times to get dry ice to ship chocolates. On occasion, he would let me pick out a Creamie to devour back on our way to the candy shop-always being chocolate or banana (those still are my ultimate favorites today...). He always teased us kids or in my mind tortured us until usually we cried or someone got hurt. (But we still loved his horseplay and would go back for more...) And then there was the whistling... always whistling, smiling, and sneaking his hand in the box of mixed nuts when grandma wasn't looking. He will always be remembered in my mind as the grandpa he was when I was 8. I know that he watches over me and will always be in my heart.
Love you grandpa
Now, onto camping....
Brent could see that I needed time to relax over the weekend so we packed up our gear in the Malibu and drove to Owyhee reservoir in Oregon. Brent is in love with the kickboat his dad gave him last year and I finally found out why he loves it so much. I thought he was kidding when he told me it's the best way to relax, and I soon found out I loved it totally want one too. Course, I'm not sure where a second one would fit on the Bu...
We found an awesome spot just down river of the dam and set up camp.... while Samee decided she wanted to go for a swim...
...dumb dog went all the way out on the log and didn't know how to turn around.. so she fell in the icky green goop just moments after arriving. Gross...
The Eborns' new smore tradition-forget the graham crackers! Move over Chips Ahoy Cookies!!
Fishing at Swan Falls just 20 mins from home...
Not the biggest fishes ever, but boy do those smallies put up a fight!!
Latest and greatest bump pic... 17 weeks.
I'm totally freaked out how big I'll be at 37 weeks if I'm already this "maternal". For sure it's been a exhausting ride so far. I'm still waiting to hit my second "golden" trimester that's filled with lots of energy and and vigor...still waiting.............waiting.............Bueller... BUT! we are SUPER stoked for our ultrasound coming up on the 19th of July. We will be finding out what it is and I'm crossing my fingers that my mother's voodoo pencil trick is right, since we are looking only at boy stuff right now. I've felt a few flutters every now and again, but they never show up when I holler for Brent to feel...silly baby. And the heartburn....oh the heartburn....... only 22 more weeks!

9 comments:
sorry about your grandpa..he really was a great man, and so loving. just know that he's all better now and looking out for you guys and getting your little one ready to meet you. speaking of your little one...you are too cute! love the bump (i know you feel huge but you don't look it). i never hit the "tons of energy" phase...but my pregnancy was pretty easy so i won't complain. and my last little tidbit....TUMS! they got me through the heartburn. good luck and let me know when you are up next. love ya!
Oh you are too cute! I am excited for you to find out!!!!! you look adorable, and dont worry, whenever you feel bad about how preggo you look-just look at me! Sounds like you guys have been having fun!
OHHHH THE HEARTBURN!!!! I never had heartburn before I got pregnant. You look great! Im excited for you!
Sorry about your grandpa :(. Definitely he will be watching over you all.
Fun camping pics! Samee's pic made me laugh...dogs. Looks like he is wearing a lime green shirt.
I love your baby bump- you looks so cute pregnant! I'm looking forward to July 19th- mostly to see if the swinging ring is correct ;).
That was so sweet, what you wrote about your Grandpa. You look so cute prego! I'm sorry about the heartburn, it just about killed me also but it goes away...after the baby comes! :) Love you!
What a nice little get away! You are so cute! Thing look better in the 2nd tri but then get worse in the 3rd but hang in there it is all worth it in the end.
Heartburn means that your babe is going to come out with lots of hair!! Tums are a pregger girl's best friend. Love your bump!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
Ash, so sorry about your Grandpa, what a dapper man he was.
We are headed out camping this weekend and I am so stoked!
You are adorable pregnant! I am so excited for the 19th, I will be calling you that day. And the heartburn just means that your baby already has TONS of hair!
Love Love Love Ya!
So cute...you are such a cute pregger...no worries it all comes off super easy with the first one.
P.S. It's the 19th....????
I'm dying to know! ;)
Post a Comment