June 3, 2010

Big News!

Ok, ok I give.  I realize it's been a real long time since I've blogged-but there is a reason.  Brent and I have been keeping a secret.  A secret that has been getting bigger every day... and growing inside me...
Yup, we are expecting!! Expecting one baby Eborn December 3.  Brent couldn't be more happier, I, however could not feel more tired.  That's a good thing right?!
13 weeks

Baby Nugget at 9 weeks


So far we've had two appointments, the last one we heard the heartbeat and everything sounds and looks great so far.  The bpm was 168 putting nugget in the range of a girl, but Brent and I (and my mom's voodoo pencil magic) are pretty certain that it will be a boy.  But we will find out for sure at our appointment in July.  Super exciting!!  So all you veteran parents out there, what are the secrets for getting ready for your first?  I know we still have 6 months to go, but I figure you can never be too prepared...!

11 comments:

Hilary said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Yay! We are so excited for you two! And as far as getting ready...hmmmmmm....there is no preparation for a first. And I mean that in a good way. It's entering the world of the unknown. But I PROMISE you this...it is worth every vomit, tired, naseau, emotional up and down moment that comes with getting baby nugget to the world. There is no greater experience!!! U can call anytime for questions or anything!!

ashley said...

i can't get over how excited i am for you guys! it's so much fun to be a mommy (and super tough too). the advise i have for being a first time mom....listen to your own instincts...screw what all the books say, do what works for you and your baby....oh, and get lots of cute baby stuff! they don't need it all but it sure is fun to have ;) love ya! let me know if you need anything

Kari said...

This is such great news! I am so happy for you. You can never be prepared I am afraid. Things always change on you. But my one advise is cherish every moment because they grow so fast. Again I am happy for you!

Elder Ernest Elliott said...

Oh my heck!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo! I am so so so so so so so so happy for you guys!!!! Man, I can't remember my voodoo pencil reading. I need to get it done again! I wonder if it works best in October, in a cabin? I bet it does :)

Cassidee Garner said...

Congrats!!! Well Let me introduce Myself if u don't me Tara is my sister and Nikky is her sister in-law!! I couldn't figure out to explain it to u!

Cassidee Garner said...

Congrats!! Well let me introduce Myself Tara Bennett is my sister and Nikky is here sister in-law! I couldn't figure out how to introduce Tara and Nikky!!

Unknown said...

ASHLEY!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Aw that is so exciting :)

Zach and Nikky said...

You are SO cute!

Emma said...

Woo woo! Congrats! I am so happy for you and Brent! And if your mom's voodoo pencil involves your wedding ring than I believe her because my aunt uses the same trick and she has never been wrong yet :). My advice- sleep as much as you can and have Brent give you foot, head, and back massages every night...because the baby needs it ;).

Camille @ Camille's Casa said...

You look adorable, can't wait to see that baby grow! Yaaay! My advice, snuggle him constantly when he's little itty bitty, pretty soon he's going to want to run around and not snuggle so much, so enjoy it:)

Jacob and Krista Flamm said...

Yay!!! Congrats!!! I'm so excited for you! ;)