September 27, 2010

August and Charlotte, N.C.

Ok, so it's been a couple months since my last post. I have no excuses other than I'm preggo and I have been spending my computer  time researching fervently for strollers, nursery ideas...

So let's start back in August...

I encouraged Brent to enter the Western  Idaho Fair BBQ contest.  He makes the most outstanding ribs-hands down, so he thought he'd give it a whirl.

Our first mishap of the day our gas grill flew out of the truck and crashed on the highway on our way out to the fair.  It got smashed up pretty good.  We were lucky the it didn't hit the car behind us-that would have been messy.  Luckily our trusty Traeger made it safe and sound and we were able to borrow a grill there on site.

His homemade BBQ sauce, and yes, they were as delicious as they look.  YUM!
He didn't place this year, but he received a new grill tool set and won a $30 giftcard to Texas Roadhouse.  I was extremely proud of him and everybody LOVED his food and hung around our booth the entire time.  We met some great people, ate some great food.   We can't wait until next year!

September:
We had the awesome opportunity to fly back east to visit Brent's sister Taya and her family for our "babymoon".  And it just so happened to be my birthday.  And Taya surprised me with this:
A Barbie cake.  How awesome is that?!
Not only did I have a Barbie cake, I had a preggo Barbie cake. Complete with a baby bump.  
Truly the perfect way to celebrate my 25th.  

From Charlotte, I drove up with Brent's dad, uncle Robert, and Ben (Taya's husband) to D.C. for the BSU v. VT game.      
A Bronco in Hokie country
The stadium
The fans

Lucky Leatherheads...
And what did I do?   I managed to get lost in the projects of Baltimore... Needless to say, it was an extremely long night, but I managed to get back to my hotel room just in time for the game.  Which was the most important thing.

Now onto DC... Since Brent and I were engaged in DC five years ago... we decided we'd go back to the scene of the event. We went to:

Union Station
Navy Memorial
Saw a bird lady...toppens a bag
The Capitol 
Art Smithsonian
Sculpture Gardens
Washington Memorial
Ghostbusters?!


 Jefferson Memorial 5 years later

Sad to say that my feet wouldn't carry me all around the Basin.  So we settled for a distance shot.  I honestly can't believe it's been five years already.  My life has been changed forever by saying yes to my handsome man.  I'm so grateful for him.  It's been a fabulous five years and who knows, we may be back in another five.

Last leg of our DC trip was Bodymore, Murderland. Also know as Baltimore.  Don't get me wrong, Inner harbor was really pretty, but once you get out of this area it becomes real sketchy real fast.  (I learned that the hard way.  Good thing no one posed to mess with a 6 month prego white girl from Idaho).  This time around wasn't bad since I had Brent with me.  


We ate right on Inner Harbor at some little seafood place:
Good food!
                                     

After we got done with our DC trip, we flew back to Charlotte where we continued our trek to Sunset Beach.  Ah, the beach.  It was so nice.  Other than getting fried like lobsters we had a great time.
Elle
 Jack

 Our 6th row beach house: Bob's Watch
Once we got back from Sunset, we went boating.  This little girl is fearless.  Not only does she jump off the boat all by herself, she swims underneath the boat with her dad.  


 Jack and I hanging out in the boat.
 Grandma and Elle
 Me and little stinkface maker :)
                                       
We had such a great time in Charlotte with the Siggs.  We had so many great times, we can't wait until we get back there again! 






4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love your baby bump, you're so cute! It looks like you guys had a great trip.

ashley said...

you are the cutest little pregnant lady!

Rowbury Adventures said...

cutest pregnant sister EVER! I'm so glad I got to spend the weekend with you last weekend AND.. I can't wait to spend this weekend with you to. I feel so spoiled getting to see you two weekends in a row! Love you

Zach and Nikky said...

I still remember when you called me from D.C. to tell me you guys got engaged and I screamed so loud I almost blew one of Zach's ear drums. ha ha! We love you guys!