October 28, 2010

Our Predictions...

I am super stoked to become a mom.  I've always felt like it's such an important calling in life and here I am, mere weeks away from becoming official.  After both grandparents waiting patiently for our five year plan to commence, we are finally ready to settle down and add offspring to our family.
It's so weird to think that almost a year ago Brent and I were pregnant for the first time; the excitement of a little one on the way... And all we got from it was an emergency trip to the hospital, a short surgery, and a very expensive overnight stay...  Whether the timing was wrong, the fetal development wasn't going well, I will be forever grateful that together Brent and I have overcome and conquered that trial.  It's still painful to think about, but I know that for whatever reason, we were meant to become parents at this time to this little girl that is growing kicking  in my belly.  Her wiggles and viscous movements make me smile and I stare in wonderment at my ever protruding stomach.  How amazing to be such a miraculous part of creating life?

So...enough gooshy stuff.
Most of you have heard that we do have a name, but are not divulging it until she comes.  Some are irritated by this, especially strangers I come in contact with at the store or that come into my work. (Who are they gonna tell?)  But my lips are sealed.  We decided that this is our name and we didn't want any feedback: positive or negative.  Brent also wanted it to be a surprise, something that he gets to announce as the proud papa that he'll be upon the baby's arrival. So in the honor of (secret name) I making a baby book. I found the idea here.  Brent and I have already wrote down our predictions-if you will-for her.  So here's what we came up with:


Date of birth:    Me: 12/1/10        Brent: 11/24/10   Grandpa Eborn: 12/7/10  *Actual due date: 12/3/10
Time of birth:   Me 1:00am         Brent: 3:00am
Weight at birth: Me: 8.4lbs          Brent: 7.8
Length at birth: Me: 21"              Brent: 22"
Hair color:        Me: dark brown  Brent: dark brown
Eye color:         Me: Blue/Grey/Green (Like Brent's)  Brent:  brown

What are some of your predictions for baby?
What do you think her name is :)?

7 comments:

Jess said...

I would guess the name... I just need a first letter. :) I'm guessing 12/8/10... Sorry, not trying to curse you. 7.10... 20" and dark brown hair... blue eyes.

ashley said...

i don't have any predictions, but i'm just so excited for you guys!!! and i can't wait to hear her name...and i wanna see belly pictures!

Kiera said...

I'm not going to guess on the name (because I know I'll be wrong)But I love that you guys are doing that! It's so fun! We always named our kids soon after learning the gender so that we could call it that (and I'm sure you guys do that when no one else is around)...but I love that it will be a surprise to everyone else! I'm really so happy for you both! You will be great parents!

Rowbury Adventures said...

Emery.. Brown hair, BIG BEAUTIFUL BROWN eye's just like my perdy sister.. I say she just comes next weekend BUT I would LOVE LOVE LOVE if she came during thanksgiving break, I keep saying my prayers that she'll come then, so hopefully she's listening to me! I bet she'll be about 7 pounds And She'll have MY NOSE! lucky her haha LOVE YOU SIS and I can't wait to see this beautiful baby...

aswigfromthesiggs said...

Do you really want me to guess the name? I say Elle, Dec 4th, 3pm, 8lbs 20inches, lots of dark brown hair, blue/gray eyes that will turn brown.(sorry folks all babies are born with blue eyes)

We are so so so excited to meet this little girl! Let the count down begin!

Zach and Nikky said...

hmmm...I'm not guessing a name but I'm sure whatever you guys have picked is super cute! I think she'll come December 6, 2010 at 8:30 PM. She'll be 7lbs 13 oz and 19.5 inches long. Dark hair and dark eyes.

ha ha, that was fun! She'll be gorgeous for sure!

Lille and Timmy said...

Hm....I say she will be here Nov. 29 with LOTS of dark brown hair (from all that heart burn), hazely eyes, and her name will be Ashlie the beautiful second!!