February 16, 2009

Projects...

So I'm working on a couple projects right now. I don't know why but I feel like I need to fill up my time with doing something productive-more or less. Right now I'm working on little felt books for my neices/nephews and friends. I've almost, (I say almost very loosely...) finished with the first of three that I will be making this year....
At this point in time, I do not own a sewing machine and I do not really enjoy hand stitching everything... so I'm thinking that I will have to break down and get one which scares me, because (and Ashley will vouch) I did not do well in the sewing portion of home ec... My poor sad apron that I made is non-wearable because the ties fell off...
Samee likes to help too...she's warming up the material for me...isn't that sweet?



I am also dabbling in making cards. One day my dream is to stay at home with kids, but since I'd go crazy not working or doing something, I'd like to make and sell cards in packs like this...
I made and sent these out to family for V-Day. I really love making them, if nothing else. One day I'd like to have stock for every holiday/occasion, but getting to that point is a whole other ball park.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

You're so creative. I've been thinking i'd like to make a felt quiet book for Austin. Maybe i'll have to get your opinion and help on what types of pages to do.

ashley said...

those are the cutest little cards ever! i wanna start making some too...they look like so much fun! as for home ec....i just think it's mean to expect 14 year olds to sew a good apron (granted everyone else did well on the project but us...still)! i guess what we couldn't do in sewing we made up for in...umm...boys?

a.eborn said...

I'm really not that creative, I just see stuff I like and try to copy :D Let me know if you want patterns...One suggestion that the lady had was doing a book with the letters of the name you want, so it's personalized...

Zach and Nikky said...

I love the felt books and the cards! We still have the Valentine's day card you sent us on the fridge. It was so good to see you last week, even if it was super short. Love you!