February 20, 2009

The deal about coupons...

So I am beginning to morph into a  coupon freak now that I've found the secret to saving money at the grocery store... I went to Albertson's today with a list of good deals and a few coupons in hand and become instantaneously in love at the checkout!  My first "order" I spent $25 on 10 General Mills/Betty Crocker items and got $10 plus $2.50 back from the Catalina coupons and saved $19.90 after all the deals and coupons. THEN spent $ 112 on 3 loaves of bread, 4 boxes of cereal  5 cans .79 tuna, 9 packages of .15 Top Ramen (this sounds like it should be a song on Sesame Street...) Lots of meat and fish and various other good stuff- and saved $68 after all the deals and coupons I used... I may sound like a crazy mad woman, but at least I'm one who's saved a little bit of coin!

I will add some of the sites that I have used so far if you are interested... Another great way to get coupons, I've learned, is the Sunday paper.  I haven't really used that resource at this point, but I'm already on planning on stealing the one from Brent's work after we get home from church ;) More on this to come...
                                                                

2 comments:

Lille and Timmy said...

Wow!! Brent should definitely be well fed. Heck, you may even see us in your neck of the woods with all that food! ;)

aswigfromthesiggs said...

Are you turning into your mother-in-law? She prides herself on making a $100 grocery bill go down to like $20. She will buy bird seed if she has a coupon, and she hasn't had a bird in 15 years :)