July 8, 2011

So a lot has happened in the last month.  Even though we got rid of our cable which has freed up a lot of my time, I still haven't found the time to even blog stalk or write on my blog... sad I know.  But here's what we have had time for.

Our baby...
Well, our not so baby, baby...
Everlie is now 7 months, but acts like she's big girl.  She will only drink water out of a cup or a water bottle.  Not a baby bottle-even though I put ice in it.  She so far likes sweet potatoes, carrots, avocados, pears, but only with bananas, and LOVES graham crackers-she totally snarfs them down like candy.
She is has gotten better with her army crawl.  She still is trying to coordinate her knees with her arms, which can come later than sooner.  I can barely keep my thoughts in focus, let alone chasing a baby all over the house.  She doesn't really like to wander yet, she stays pretty close to mom and dad, but I'm sure the Eborn wandering gene will kick in soon enough ;)

She has been to the swimming pool a few times now and absolutely loves it.  There's nothing she likes better than to swim (except chocolate ice cream...)  Even one day while being a cranky pot, she still had a great time in the water.

She loves to tease and mimic everything we do.  And when she wants something she grunts until she gets what she wants.  Very particular and likes things done her way.  Are we in for a real treat when she gets older...

She loves to stand and pat pat-anything with her little fingers.  That never gets old as she repeatedly pats my giggly legs.  She loves to read out loud, to herself and won't let me talk or sing to her while she's narrating.  Still such a ham and is the life of the party as always.

As for us,  Brent went on his yearly man-fishing trip to Jackpot with his friends.  They go mostly to gamble, but Brent really just wants to fish.  UPS was audited and got a 99.6% score-highest out of all the hubs in the nation so his boss paid for his gas and hotel which was awesome.  He also scored a couple of beauties.  He's is such an amazing hard worker.  He often stays beyond midnight to clean planes and loves, loves, LOVES, spending the mornings with his baby girl while I go to work.  He got his dream job of being a SAHD (stay-at-home-dad) part time.  He loves to play every second with his little girl and makes up songs that make me and Everlie laugh.   He still is always busy in the kitchen concocting new recipes and continues to make my mouth salivate at the sound of 'Dinners' Ready'.  He is the best daddy/husband/chef/friend, and I'm so glad he's mine.  

Me, I've been nibbling on a few projects that finally(!) got finished. 
Um, except for the garage...we're still working on that one :P
Bah!  I need more shelves!!
One day... one day.
Ok, theses ones are completely completed:
a $6 night stand-refinished
It's been months, but finally completed my picture wall, ended up costing me next to nothing
A button monogram collage for Ev (says e is for everlie) for $1
(Hurray for Decorating Deals!)
Again, it's been a work in progress since March, but we have a garden box! And have carrots, peas and yellow and green squash in so far. 
I also just planted some herbs that are coming in quite nicely, and a small pot of flowers.  Let's just wait and see if they survive my black thumb.
My avocado pit, is growing as well.  So happy :)
(Really people I kill EVERYTHING-so getting anything past this part is very exciting for me)
I sewed up some dresses for Ev that turned out pretty cute, if I do say so =)

My next project:
To make my own patio table.  
SOOO excited!


For the Fourth, Me, Ev, and Samee drove over to Rexburg (with the huge help of my mom, she sat in back entertaining the little miss, while Samee sat shotgun:)  We attended the parade and the fireworks.  It's been many years since I've done either and I realized I haven't missed much. But it was so fun watching my little miss shy away from the big booming bright lights.  She was so brave.



It was super nice to be able to get out of town and be with my family.  It's been a while since we've all been together and it won't be too long before we have to say good-bye to my brother who will be leaving us the beginning of September.  There's nothing like spending time with family to rekindle the bonds.  We always have such a great time together and the weekend just never is long enough.  I'm so grateful for such a great family, for great in-laws, and great friends.  Couldn't have ask for better people in my life!







5 comments:

Holly and Ryan Vasso said...

Oh she is so great at eating!!! jaxon is not interested food....we are working on that. Glad you are having fun! You look great! What a crafty lady you are!

Jacob and Krista Flamm said...

She is sooo cute! She looks like a little mini you!

Rowbury Adventures said...

aww where's her balloon video! I miss you guys so much already... love you

Zach and Nikky said...

You are one hot mama!! Everlie is sooo cute! I want to meet her so bad!

aswigfromthesiggs said...

First of all, Ashlie you are BEAUTIFUL! Second, I love the little flower dress you made Ev, too cute. Third and most important, I LOVE that little girl, she is getting too big too fast!