November 28, 2010

Almost, but no cigar...

This past week has seemed to stretch on forever.  I've got five days left and I'm about ready to throw in the towel.  This week started out with a Dr's appointment; stating I was dilated to a two and 75%.  Monday night I had contractions, a fever and chills, felt very achy and pretty much thought I was going to die with discomfort.  I was ready to pack up to go to the hospital when Brent told me all I needed was a Tylenol... and lo and behold-I was fine.  Tuesday, Wednesday goes by... then Thursday morning I wake up with contractions.

Finally.

They are 3-5 minutes apart for three hours and we were off to triage.  Pretty much as soon as I got in the car, they continued, but I could hardly feel them. Perfect.  We were at the hospital for two hours waiting for any progression... and nothing.

Good news is we were able to make it to Thanksgiving dinner at my aunt and uncles and we enjoyed a fantastic meal.  My loving family heard that I was going to the hospital, scarfed down their Thanksgiving dinner, packed up and made the snowy treacherous drive to Boise only to find-no baby.

Two days later-yup, you guessed it-nothing.  We go into the Dr. tomorrow and we're both hoping for some progression.  Brent and I are getting way too ancy to meet our little baby.   Everything seems to be in place and ready to go.  I keep looking in the pack n play we have set up in our room, hoping to see a baby in it, but there it stands, empty.  Boo hoo :(

I suppose we can wait a couple more days, but no more than a couple-really I mean it baby eebs-Come Out!! :)

3 comments:

ashley said...

hang in there ash! the end is the worst...it will end soon tho (after some painful labor) and then you will have a precious baby girl to snuggle on. keep us updated! good luck lady!

Rowbury Adventures said...

I mean it to baby COME OUT NOW!

aswigfromthesiggs said...

Come on little girl! We are all anxious for you to get here. Hang in their Ashlie!