February 23, 2010

$20 Challange








So last night I asked Brent how much money I have to go grocery shopping this week.  His reply was $20.... I know right?! You can't buy a weeks' worth of food for $20! But I hopefully can prove that I can! We usually don't do a budget-for anything for that matter.  But with all the stupid medical bills becoming due and past due, I figure we need to save all the greenbacks we can. Either that or get a third job-oh wait, I did...(I now work every other Saturday for the lighting side of our design showroom (I work for the hardware side).  It's only for four hours; and it's not bad at all! (Anything to get some extra $$$ right?!!!)

What brought this on, was our local news channel is challenging a small family to go on a 3 week all cash "diet"; they can only buy what the "need" and not what they want.  Another family is also doing the challenge and is blogging about it.  Check it out here: www.momofthree-ami.blogspot.com.  This family has $300 for 21 days...which is the length of time it takes to create a new habit-or break an old one.  I don't think I quite have what it takes to go that frugal yet-so let's see how we can get by with only buying $20 worth of groceries...Here we go!

Monday night: Challenge noted
Tuesday night: had leftovers and wrote out my list. Money spent $0.



3 comments:

ashley said...

wow...you go! let me know how that goes....i can't budget for the life of me

Rowbury Adventures said...

GOOD LUCK SISTAR! maybe we should try doing that to haha

Elder Ernest Elliott said...

If I were there, I would insist on helping you figure out how to make meals with stuff you already had, and use the $20 for a girls night :).
Keep updating the blog, it will be fun to see how it goes.